Thursday, November 26, 2009

John 8:38-43 - Fatherhood

John 8:38-43 - Fatherhood
I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father." They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did. You do what your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.

Comment

Why emphasise Fatherhood?
What about motherhood, brotherhood or sonship?
Make them more foundational!

Fatherhood is not appreciated these days.

Without fatherhood, you can’t have motherhood, brotherhood or sonship.

Fatherhood is the basis for life.

It is the source of love and the origin of authority.

Source: Scott Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment