Monday, January 30, 2012

John 14: 2-6 - Jesus is the Way

Scripture John 14: 2-6
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

And you know the way where I am going."

Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.


Comment
The Scottish theologian William Barclay explained how Christ walks with us in this way:

Suppose we are in a strange town and we ask for directions. Suppose the person says: “Take the first to the right, and the second to the left. Cross the square, and go past the church, and take the third on the right and the road you want is the fourth road on the left.” If that happens, the chances are we will get lost before we get halfway.

But suppose the person we ask says “Come, I’ll take you there.” In that case that person is to us the way, and we cannot miss it.

That is what Jesus does for us. He not only gives us advice, He takes us by the hand and leads us.

He walks beside us, strengthens us, and guides us every day.

He does not tell us the way, He is the way.



Source: The Trouble With Paris by Mark Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment