Monday, September 17, 2012

Teaching The Faith

Scripture John 6:66


As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.

Comment - Teaching The Faith

We may pray “Yeah Lord, keep my kids in the faith”

You know one of the great struggles of good catholic parents is what happens when your kids become adults and leave the faith.

With this brings a mixture of guilt and questions like “Where did I go wrong?”, “What didn’t I see?”, “Was I not holy enough?”

Now, I want to ask you (Marcus) 5 questions and I want you to answer Yes or No.

• Is there a God?

• Was Christ God?

• Could He perform miracles?

• Was He sinless?

• Did He have a perfect understanding of human nature?

Now a follow up question.

• Could He get most people to follow Him?

And then I look at the parents and go “Who do you think you are?”

We have got to keep that reality, God himself couldn’t get the majority to follow Him.

Source: interview by Marcus Grodi with clinical psychologist Dr Ray Gaurendi on The Journey Home www.ewtn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment