Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All Religions Are NOT the Same - Part 1

Scripture John 14:16-20


[16] And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you forever,
[17] even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.
[18] "I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you.
[19] Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more, but you will see me; because I live, you will live also.
[20] In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.


Comment – All Religions Are NOT the Same – pt 1

Christianity Is Christ

The founder of no other religion is absolutely essential for that religion in the same way the Christ is essential for Christianity.

It is true that the founder was necessary for the founding, but the believer in a particular religion does not enter into the same kind of an encounter that a Christian enters into with Christ.

It is the personal relationship to him which is decisive.

Christ therefore occupies a different place in Christianity than Buddha does in Buddhism, than Confucius in Confucianism, Muhammad in Islam, and even Moses in Judaism.

When you come to Christ, Christianity demands the personal intimate bond.

We have to be one with him, one with him in such a way that we cannot in any way claim to be Christian unless we reflect the person, the mind, the will, the heart, and the humanity of Christ.

Source: Through The Year With Fulton Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment